Monday, October 27, 2008

The inaugral Caroline Springs fun run

On Sunday I entered a 10km fun run at Caroline Springs (to celebrate their 10 year anniversary - I can't believe it has been that long!).

I was envisioning a fun run with about 30 people in it... but it was actually really well run, and there were around 100 runners.

I hadn't run at all since the half marathon (unless you counted a couple of times I had to run for the train). But it was funny how the mind works... because I could tell myself "it's ONLY 10km!... when prior to June that was the furtherest I had ever run at all in my life!

It was a very hot and windy morning, and I was so tempted to stop at the 5km mark. I really had to push myself to keep going.

I finished with a personal best of 52:45 (my previous time was 55 min).

It was a really good day. They had Bob the Builder there. Sam was so excited... but he ended up bursting into tears when Bob got too close. In the end we did get a photo.

No comments: