Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A windy, windy day

Today we experienced winds of up to 100km/hr and this was the result!!! It looks like the wind tried to pick up our trampoline and throw it across the backyard. Lucky it didn't end up on the carport roof!

We also have a whole packet of white plastic knives all over the backyard, which looks pretty strange. That is because our outdoor cupboard that I kept all the BBQ / picnic stuff in crashed over - the door broke too, so that is no good now.
My swing chair got knocked over, the cubby house is demolished and the small bird avairy got knocked to the ground.

Luckily the big avairy with the finches in it was ok.

I was at work when the brunt of this storm hit. At the 26th floor you could almost feel the building moving around. I swear I saw snow out there - but others said it was just dust.

I ran from work to the train station in the wind and the rain, got on the train, and an hour later I got off the train to a calm day. The only signs of a storm were the branches lying on the roads and the puddles on the ground. What a strange day.

No comments: